Bike Club Partnership
Current Bike Clubs:
- Erwin Middle School
- Eblen Intermediate School
- A.C. Reynolds Middle School
- Asheville Middle School- Hosted by Asheville on Bikes and IRL
- The Alternative Education Center– Morganton
- Jackson County Parks and Rec.
- Mars Hill Elementary School- Hosted by Mars Hill University Cycling Team
Are you interested in starting a bike club in your school, program or organization? Do you have a bike club but lack resources such as: training, curriculum, bikes, helmets, repair skills? Do you want to help us provide mountain bike (or simply, bike) outings to youth who would not otherwise have that opportunity?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then we at Trips For Kids WNC would like to offer the Bike Club Partnership program. With the continued assistance and generosity of our cycling community, we are excited to offer our resources to folks interested in starting a bike club in their area.
When a person commits to the partnership, Trips For Kids WNC will assist in many ways:
- Safety Guidelines
What will it cost? We believe, as we have since founding this chapter of the organization, that finances should not be a limiter in getting kids on bikes. We sometimes ask for support from participating organizations, but do not require any sort of fee from the kids in our programs. Our plan is to stick to this belief.
It would be the bike club leader’s responsibility to:
- Teach safe cycling skills
- Teach proper etiquette
- Teach how to care for the equipment
- Recruit volunteers and kids for the program
- Keep Trips For Kids WNC updated on progress, needs.
- Spread the word about our mission while upholding the values and mission statement.
- Although not required, fundraisers are always welcome.